O’Callaghan Legal provides advice to clients in the following areas:
- The Law and Practice of Marine Insurance, the Contract, Utmost good faith and material nondisclosure, Conditions, Warranties
- The role and application of International Maritime Conventions.
- Commercial Cargo Contracts, the rights and responsibilities of parties, Policy Indemnity, Subrogation and Recovery Rights against third parties, Particular and General Average issues.
- Commercial Hull Contracts – The Role of Hull & Machinery Underwriters and P&I Clubs, The Institute Clauses, Collision Liabilities, Salvage Contract issues, Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss and Particular Average, Abandonment, Limitation of Liability.
- Yacht contracts, the Institute Yacht clauses, Racing Risks, indemnity entitlements, Reasonable Cost of Repairs, Unrepaired damage adjustments.
- Fishing Vessels, Institute Fishing Vessel Clauses - Hull and P&I.
- Marine Liabilities, Stevedores, Warehouse keepers Freight forwarders, Road Hauliers,( IRHA/ CMR) Carriers by Sea.
- Limitation of Liability under contract and International Convention.